Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Getting back in the groove

Ok, I've been a bad blogger.  Two weeks without an update, not good. There are several excuses, but none of them matter.  Of course based on the traffic report, doesn't look like I was missed too much.  That's alright too, because it caused great thought.

The movie That Thing You Do follows a little rock and roll band in the mid 60's through the ups and downs of fame.  In one scene, the band falls apart in the studio, leaving the drummer (the main character) dazed and confused.  Enter the jazz pianist said drummer had met in a club the night before, who just happens to be recording in the same building.  Drummer tells pianist that his band is gone, and he doesn't know what he's going to do now.  The pianist tells him that bands come and bands go, but to just keep playing.  Doesn't matter who with, just keep playing.

That covers how I feel about writing.  People have told me I'm pretty good at it over the years.  God doesn't give us talents to sit and gather dust. Whether or not anyone is reading is irrelevant.  Just keep writing.  Ideas keep coming into my head, whether they be sermons or political rants or just shooting the breeze about something cool I found.  So with that, I renew my resolve to regularly update this little corner of the internet, even if the public entrance is covered in dust and cobwebs.  Not sure if the Monday updates will remain, hopefully I'll kick into to gear and be updating more than once a week.  Enjoy the trip, I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment