Monday, August 3, 2009

Introductions are in order

The usual about me, what to expect to see here stuff. I am in my early 30s, happily married for 10 of those years, and have generated 4 children. We live in Kansas, I have spent my whole life here, both on a farm, in the smaller towns and in the bigger cities.

Right now I am among the close to ten percent of Americans who are out of work, so expect talk of the numerous reasons behind our current economic woes, what is being done about it, and what needs to be done. In the interest of full disclosure, one of the primary reasons for this blog is to build up a portfolio and a following that can be turned into some form of income.

While the joblessness is at the forefront of my efforts and attention, I am also a Christian, which is the main thing that has kept me from snapping and climbing a clock tower with a high powered rifle. (That’s a joke, no calls to the FBI please. I don’t even own a high powered rife) There are plans in mind to join the ministry, and the intial steps were started, but various other factors got that put on the back burner. So expect a healthy dose of evangelism and theology mixed into the posts as well.

The last defining feature for now is geek. I like taking computers apart and finding why they don’t work, even if it’s something I tried to do to it that caused it to quit working. Old computers are fun, contrary to popular opinion. Cloud computing is coming, Google is gearing up to possibly create a serious contender to Microsoft, people who don’t want to or can’t afford to upgrade to Vista or Windows 7 are learning about Linux, social networking is having more and more affects on our lives, and those things in our pockets we still call phones have more memory, processiong power, and capabilities than my home computer.

These are interesting times in all of my fields of interest, and hopefully I can share, teach and learn here.

Enjoy the trip…..

No comments:

Post a Comment