Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sumthin's better than nuthin, right

Ok, I've been a bit sick all day, and none of the things I've been working on have been clicking, so we'll cut the losses and give a short bit of wisdom.  There is an account that tells us Thomas Aquinas was in the Vatican, and Pope Innocent IV took him to his personal chambers, where they were counting the gold.  Innocent said "You see the Church is no longer in an age where she can say 'Silver and gold I have none' (Acts 3:6). To which Aquinas answered "It is true holy father, nor can she say to the lame man 'Get up and walk'.  A whole lot of thought there, I'll let you ponder it for a while.  It's one of my favorite stories, because it's disturbingly accurate, so I'll likely be expanding on it later.  Till then, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment